Liaison Engineer, Service Engineering, Engineer Contractor 3 – Weekend Shift - Savannah
Aerospace Professional Services, LLC •
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of products and services
- Contributes to planning, developing, and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 years in specific technical discipline or 10 years broad Eng. experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 years for Masters, 4 years for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Working knowledge of aircraft structures design with practical hands-on aircraft experience in evaluating discrepant conditions and developing repairs
- Liaison Engineering experience in post-production environment or production Material Review Board (MRB) structures.
- The ability to use computer aided design tools such as Smart Team, CCD, CATIA V4 & V5, AutoCAD, GSBI or similar in the interrogation of aircraft structures.
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaborative skills and the ability to effectively communicate the organization's position with external and internal customers.
- Ability to effectively work with and support multi-disciplined team of engineers, A&P technicians, managers, customers etc. working in a Hangar / shop floor environment.
- Flexibility to move quickly from one assignment to the next and the ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously.
- Sufficient physical dexterity to climb scaffolding or support equipment to investigate and support discrepant aircraft conditions.
- Ability to do basic static stress analysis in support of the disposition and or drawing.
- engineering experience, e.g., GIV, G450, GV, G550, G650, G500, G600, G700, G400, G800.
- Experience with Maintenance and Structural Repair Manuals.
- Fundamental knowledge of composite and metal bonded structures design.
- Working knowledge of applicable FAA regulations and understanding of obtaining compliance with such regulations within and post-production environment.
- Experience with foreign airworthiness regulatory agencies.
- Experience with repairs that impact Airworthiness Directives.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)