At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can make valuable contributions to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to encouraging an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with phenomenal opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Customer Support Operations Center within Boeing Commercial Aircraft is seeking Structures Fleet Support Engineers (Experienced and Senior Level) for multiple positions in Seal Beach, CA.
The Operations Center is an organization of highly skilled people of all genders responsible for helping customers keep their aircraft flying safely by addressing urgent “Aircraft On Ground” (AOG) issues. Our organization staffs shifts 24/7 to provide customers with quick responses to their various questions, which requires the team to have broad experience.
We are a team that supports all in-service Boeing commercial airplane models. These models include programs such as the MD-10, MD-11, 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, and the 787. Team members have the opportunity to work on a variety of problems across different models and sections of the airplane.
The Boeing Commercial Airplanes Customer Support Operations Center is looking for a collaborative Structures Engineer who wants to exposure to a variety of airplanes and issues. This individual will work with the structures team within the operations center to quickly address repairs for in-service aircraft and may be required to collaborate with other structures teams within Customer Support as well. This person will be responsible for collaborating with customers, developing minor structural repairs, and detailing analysis and dispositions. Our teams are currently hiring for a range of experience levels including Experienced and Senior Level Software Engineers.
A successful candidate will have the capability to develop repairs, communicate optimally with the team, provide mentorship to other engineers, and lead process improvements to provide high quality customer support.
This position requires flexibility in work hours, but generally the work shifts adhere to a 7 days on and 7 days off schedule. Typically work days start at 12 AM and end at 12 PM or start at 12 PM and end at 12 AM.
- Develops minor structural repairs on all Boeing and MD series models.
- Secondary point of contact for calls and BCS requests from customers or FSRs when primary support is unavailable
- Performs review of the requests and determines the best avenue for resolution
- Develops solutions applying sound repair logic, experience, previous data, etc.
- Provides solutions through BCS and follows-up with customer
- Assists primary supporters prioritize and sort work to engage the best avenue for resolution as requested
- Collaborates with other support groups in the Ring and/or External Support to develop solutions
- Sends RFS to external support teams when issue requires more extensive research
- Communicates with customer if additional information is needed or roadblock arises
- Provides problem solving assistance via telephone as needed
- Reviews outgoing messages for quality
- Provides assistance to primary support as required
- Initiates proactive solution as needed
- Analyzes repairs and/or damage and develops substantiation of action
- Develops substantiation package for repairs and/or fly-on limits
- Assesses and resolves product/process issues through the product lifecycle
- Leads research of technical, operational, and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer
- Designs and/or provides analysis of interim and final engineering solutions to return airplanes to revenue service
- Works with and advises multi-functional teams to conduct root cause analysis and develops dispositions for sophisticated design non-conformances
- Assesses sophisticated structural event reports to resolve potential safety issues. Develops and implements product/process improvements
- Guides documentation of hardware related problem
- Identifies the need for technical training
- Participates in and leads activities for on-site disabled product repair teams
- Participates in accident investigation support teams
- Develops customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of products
- Directs performance of critical suppliers to ensure product integration and compliance with requirements
- Conducts program independent reviews and reports results to program leadership
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.