KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or relevant technical degree
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Understanding of how to install and configure networks and network equipment
- Knowledge of various data types to include: UDP/TCP data packets, video streaming, and VOIP
- Ability to communicate with people with various levels of technical knowledge
- Critical thinking skills to diagnose and solve complex problems
- Dexterity when handling manual repairs and tests
- Proficiency in computers, software, and database systems
- Travel 20-50%
- 2+ years’ network experience
2+ years’ test range experience
Experience with Wireshark or other tools to analyze networks
The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Preference will be given to Calista shareholders and their descendants and to spouses of Calista shareholders, and to shareholders of other corporations created pursuant to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g).
Additionally, it is our policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, layoff, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
It is Calista and Subsidiaries' business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.