Job Title: A & P Mechanic AOG/Major Repair
Location: Remote or Onsite
FEAM Aero is the MRO leader in aircraft line maintenance engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the line maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network, and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft including B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers the best innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.
FEAM Aircraft Maintenance/Engineering is currently seeking an experienced Aircraft Mechanic to join our AOG/Major repair team. We pride ourselves on consistently exceeding our customers’ expectations and creating lifelong relationships with our clientele. The AOG/Major repair Mechanic is responsible to his / her immediate supervisor for the accomplishment of all work assigned in accordance with policies, procedures, requirements, and specifications established by the Company, applicable government agencies, and the manufacturers as contained in the approved technical publications.
- Perform AOG maintenance on a variety of Boeing & Airbus aircraft.
- Perform maintenance on a variety of Boeing & Airbus aircraft including but not limited to the aircraft specified as well as B-737NG, B-747-400, B747-8, B-757-200, B-767-200/300, B-777, B-787-800/900, & Airbus family.
- Perform a wide range of maintenance duties including engine changes, landing gear changes, repacking landing gear struts, sheet metal, avionics, repairs, and servicing of aircraft.
- Perform maintenance IAW with FAA-approved technical data.
- Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine the feasibility and methods of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Maintenance shop clean up, organization, and basic office duties.
- Accurately complete all appropriate maintenance, work order, and RTS paperwork.
- Must have a current valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant License.
- 5 + years’ experience in recent line maintenance, emphasis on troubleshooting, daily and turn checks, and ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, continually utilize hand, and finger dexterity, climb, balance, bend, or crawl, occasionally from heights in precarious places.
- Ability to frequently lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds. Have the awareness that he/she will be working near and around moving mechanical parts, around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals, and exposure to loud noises.
- Utilize visual acuity to operate equipment and read technical information.
- Be exposed to weather conditions outside as well as non-weather conditions such as extreme heat or cold.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must pass airport security background checks and travel for work as required.
- Must be willing to work flexible shifts to include nights and weekends to meet customer demand.
- Technicians will be responsible for completing time-sensitive aircraft repairs in the field.
- This position requires the technician to display a professional demeanor and project this atmosphere to our customers while working in sometimes unfamiliar locations throughout the world.
- This challenging position is key to providing our customers with the same exceptional service they are accustomed to wherever their aircraft may be while working with minimal supervision.
- Good organization skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Independent and self-motivated and have the ability to work without direct supervision.
Compensation and Benefits:
FEAM Aero, in addition to a good working environment and competitive pay, it is FEAM’s policy to provide a combination of supplemental benefits to all eligible full-time employees. FEAM offers Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans. Vacation and sick time, short and long-term disability, accidental insurance, supplemental life, FSA (Flexible Spending Account), and Critical Illness Insurance.
Additionally, FEAM places special emphasis on technical training. FEAM is a leader in EASA Level Technical Aviation Training Globally. FEAM is one of very few U.S. MRO organizations that provides EASA 147 maintenance training. In addition to the competitive benefits FEAM offers -4 day and -3-day work weeks for some positions.
FEAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.