MINIMUM PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Honesty, integrity and a commitment to maintaining safe compliant aircraft.
- Detail-oriented. Self-Starter. Team player.
- Current FAA Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic Certificate, Inspection Authorization a plus.
- Three years' experience working with the turbine-powered rotor or fixed-wing experience.
- Prefer three years of specific model aircraft experience
- Prefer three years of Part 135 field experience
- Sound judgment and objectivity in decision-making.
- Effective maintenance planning and scheduling skills.
- Strong electrical and avionics troubleshooting ability.
- Requires the ability to work days, nights, weekends, and on-call during the month.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to work outdoors and/or in potentially extreme cold and hot temperatures dependent upon location.
- Bending, squatting, kneeling, sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Frequent usage of hands, wrists, shoulders, and back is necessary.
- Ability to conduct activities requiring a moderate to a rigorous amount of static pushing, pulling, reaching, and lifting.
- Comfortable working on ladders and or work stands of 12 feet or less and small spaces.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must have sufficient hearing and the ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
*Metro Aviation does not have a Visa Sponsorship program at this time*
Metro Aviation is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.