CBA - Aircraft Mechanic II - AFGSC (HSS) - Malmstrom AFB, MT
Vertex Aerospace •
This requisition is only for incumbent (current) employees of the Program that are interested in the position with The Vertex Company when the program transitions. This requisition is for onboarding and rebadging purposes only. The actual Job Description and
Qualifications will be validated IAW the respective CBA prior to the contract start date.
The Aircraft Mechanic II maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty.
- The incumbent maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components, applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions, and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation.
- Applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as; blueprints or manufacturer manuals.
- Job requirements: Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures, and replacement of parts.
- Requires a broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair.
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical theory.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes, and shears.
- This job requires working knowledge of technical publications. The incumbent receives technical guidance, as required, from a supervisor or higher-level technician.
- The incumbent will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft-relevant tasks and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records.
- Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)