Hillsboro Aviation is seeking an experienced Type 2 Medium Helicopter Mechanic with an A&P certificate to join our growing team of maintenance professionals. Preference will be given to candidates with prior Bell 205A1 experience and individuals who have been carded or are currently carded with the Unites States Forestry Service (USFS) or the Department of the Interior (DOI). This position would require travel and frequent short, long duration, and/or seasonal trips in support of ongoing contractual requirements. Eligible individuals would be expected to work remotely on extended stays in field environments during the summer months. Position can be full-time or seasonal depending on the qualifications and needs of the applicant.
Hillsboro Aviation’s helicopter contract & charter division specializes in aerial firefighting, search and rescue, powerline/pipeline support, and other utility operations. Our fleet is comprised of the Bell 205A1++, Bell 407, Bell 407HP, Airbus AS350B3e, and Bell 206 series aircraft.
Our operations are primarily conducted under Part 135, and we are a Department of Defense Commercial Airlift Review Board (CARB) approved air carrier for both helicopter and airplane operations.
- Ability to work a 12/12 ( 12 days on / 12 days off ) or a 12/2 ( 12 days on, 2 days off ) shift in remote field locations for the duration of fire season (typically April – September)
- Ability to work in a hanger environment as part of a maintenance team for full-time employment outside of contract demands
- Inspection and repair of helicopter and components to be maintained with the highest standards of the FAR's, manufacturer's programs, Hillsboro's AAIP, and repair station guidelinesBell 205A1 aircraft maintenance
- Lycoming T53-17 turbine engine maintenance
- USFS/DOI contract coverage as a field mechanic
- Ability to use computer databases and software programs to track ongoing maintenance.