KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Must have intimate knowledge of Naval aircraft maintenance and production processes/workflows in an aircraft manufacturing or industrial depot repair environment.
• Must have the ability to provide guidance and direction as required to the site leads in effectively managing the production workflow of multiple aircraft with numerous internal/external dependencies.
• Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff.
• Will also routinely interact with external contacts such as customers, vendors, suppliers, shipping companies, etc.
• Must be trustworthy – will handle confidential information routinely
• Ability to follow a process.
• Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to evaluate data and consider decision impact across multiple areas.
• Strong decision analysis and problem-solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions.
• Must be able to communicate issues to management and regulatory agencies
• Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to goals.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations, detect unobvious facts and issues, and exercise resourcefulness in resolving problems.
• Must be able to work independently and stay on task with minimal supervision
• Ability to multi-task.
• Must be able to communicate utilizing the English Language.
• Must be able to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
• Must have above average skills with Microsoft Office suite, to include Excel, Access, and PowerPoint; must have excellent writing skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the work force, from upper management to entry level.
• A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in the aviation maintenance field. At least three (3) years’ experience in a management/supervisory position.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline. A related associate degree and two (2) years of additional experience or four (4) years additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree. At least 5 years CH/MH-53E Experience is desired.
Preference will be given to Calista shareholders and their descendants and to spouses of Calista shareholders, and to shareholders of other corporations created pursuant to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g).
Additionally, it is our policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, layoff, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
It is Calista and Subsidiaries' business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.