** TOP PAY**
** SIGNING BONUS**
**COMPANY PAID BENEFITS**
Privaira, a growing and well established ARG/US Platinum and IS-BAO Stage II rated 135 Charter and Aircraft Management company located in Boca Raton, South Florida has an opportunity to join its team as Chief Pilot. As Chief Pilot you will be instrumental in managing the flight operations within the boundaries of safety regulations and regulatory compliance, while at the same time foster a strong relationship with the flight crews and promote the company’s goals and values.
The Chief Pilot will be responsible for the safe execution of the flight activities and operations of the company, and provide leadership to flight crew members, operational and dispatch teams. The Chief Pilot shall be performing and delivering various flight operations functions and programs including but not limited to pilot recruiting, pilot training, pilot records, manual currency, external reports, airport charts and publications, pilot domicile management. The Chief Pilot shall meet all requirements under 14 CFR 119.71 and will hold the FAA-designated title of Chief Pilot. The Chief Pilot reports to the Director of Operations and shall participate in and be an effective part of the company’s leadership team.
Operational duties include:
- Responsible for maintaining a liaison with the Director of Operations in all operations matters.
- Responsible for hiring flight crew personnel and conducting annual flight crew performance reviews.
- Responsible for the training and retention of all flight crew personnel.
- Coordinates training needs to ensure that adequately trained pilots are available for all trip needs. Assumes the responsibilities of the Manager of Training if that position is not used or is unfilled.
- Establishes and maintains, in current form, the approved Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), General Operations Manual (GOM), Company Ground and Flight Training Programs for crewmembers, check airmen, instructors and operations personnel associated with company FAR 135 operations.
- Assist Crew Scheduler in creating rotation schedules, approving vacation time and schedule requests ensuring the fleet has appropriate flight crew coverage.
- Ensures that the aircraft copies of the Operations Manual are current.
- Designates flight instructors and nominates check airmen for FAA approval.
- Responsible, with the Director of Maintenance, for preparing and submitting the Mechanical Interruption Summary Report required by FAR 135.417.
- Perform an active role in Privaira’s Safety Management System and serves as a representative on the Safety Committee and a member of the Emergency Response Team.
- Shall participate in the investigation of, and make a report to the Director of Operations on, any aircraft accident, reportable incident, records discrepancy, or airman flight violation.
- Responsible, with the Director of Operations, for ensuring that pilot records are maintained to FAA standards.
- Responsible for aircraft charts and related publications.
- Works closely with the Director of Maintenance to ensure that aircraft maintenance problems do not unnecessarily disrupt scheduled flight operations.
- Develops standards for operational performance, personnel qualifications, customer service and quality assurance.
- Ensuring the highest levels of customer service are provided to the company and its customers.
- Meet all requirements listed in 14 CFR Part 119.71(b) as applicable.
- Prior experience operating under Part 135 with relevant aviation management experience.
- Have recent experience in Part 135 aircraft, preferably in a type part of company’s fleet. The Chief Pilot must be qualified to serve as pilot in command in at least one aircraft used in Privaira's operation.
- In the case of a person becoming a Chief Pilot for the first time ever, have at least 3 years experience, within the past 6 years, as pilot in command of an aircraft operated under part 121 or part 135.
- In the case of a person with previous experience as a Chief Pilot, have at least 3 years experience as pilot in command of an aircraft operated under part 121 or part 135.
- Current FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate (or higher) with Instrument Rating.
- Current Class 1 FAA medical.
Knowledge and Skills:
- High level of integrity with the ability to keep confidential information secure.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, and excellent organizational and time/project management skills.
- Effective coaching and influencing skills.
- Ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and work well under pressure and time constraints.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and management skills with record of working well with team members.
- Excellent computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and database applications (Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
We are seeking qualified, dependable, driven candidates with a positive attitude and superior communication and customer service skills and a solid work ethic. Successful candidates will have strong background in 135 charter operations, preferably with management experience.
Successful candidates must be willing to relocate to South Florida. We will offer a competitive salary with bonus options, medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and a 401(K) with company match.