Staff Accountant Sr Financial Reporting in GAC Savannah
Understanding of debits and credits
Experience with financial statements
Experience in AP/AR
Balance sheet analysis
Experience with accruals and reconciliations
Hybrid schedule (Mon - Wed in the office. Thurs & Friday are remote).
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in Acctg or Finance required or equivalent combination of education and experience. 4 years of related experience is required.. Master's Degree in Acctg or Finance or CPA may offset 1 year of experience. Proficient in the use of MS applications, principally Excel is required. Strong technology expertise in other applications a plus.
Applies principles of financial reporting with a primary focus on increased analysis of financial reporting data, knowledge of financial reporting systems, and understanding the financial reporting processes.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes and maintains a complete and accurate general ledger; prepares managerial and financial reports. .
- Prepares and compiles financial data in a timely manner to support established schedules and deadlines.
- Prepare journal entries and supporting schedules for closing.
- Reconcile assigned accounts including preparation of appropriate documentation.
- Participates as required. on special project teams.
- Prepare analysis and recommend solutions for problems and improvements to existing systems and processes.
- Prepares schedules, reports, presentations, etc. for management.
- With minimal supervision, follows established procedures to perform moderately complex tasks requiring application of fundamental accounting practices and procedures.
- Analyzes records of financial transactions to determine accuracy and completeness of entries.
- Coordinates accounting procedures and activity across the enterprise to ensure standardization and consistency.
- Responsible for preparing and analyzing financial statements for specific entities.
Perform other duties as assigned.
A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
Requisition Number: 215602
Posting Type: Internal-External
Department: J1007-Financial Reporting
Percentage of Travel: None
Employment Type: Full-time
Number of Openings: 1
Posting End Date: 03/08/2024
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information Site Utilities Contacts Sitemap
Copyright &169; 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft LI-GS1