KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as legal and regulatory policy and procedure, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to produce routine reports and correspondence.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff.
- Must always represent the company in a professional manner.
- Must be trustworthy will handle confidential / sensitive information routinely.
- Must possess effective storytelling and technical written communication skills to clearly communicate information to others.
- Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
- Ability to follow a process.
- Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
- Analytical skills with the ability to evaluate data and consider decision impact across multiple areas.
- Strong decision analysis and problem-solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions.
- Must be able to communicate issues to management.
- Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to goals.
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant area such as business administration, government, political science, paralegal, etc.
- Minimum of 6 years of prior relevant work experience managing an 8(a) portfolio.
- Understanding of the Small Business Administration regulations and reporting requirements, specifically requirements for 8(a) Alaska Native Corporations (ANCs).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance
Preference will be given to Calista shareholders and their descendants and to spouses of Calista shareholders, and to shareholders of other corporations created pursuant to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g).
Additionally, it is our policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, layoff, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
It is Calista and Subsidiaries' business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.