Paradigm Aerospace Corporation (PAC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Metro Aviation is seeking an Avionics Technician at our Part 145 Repair Station located in Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania.
Our mission is to provide the safest and highest quality completions, customizing, and maintenance so that we will:
- Allow our customers to safely and effectively accomplish their mission profile,
- Allow our employees to exercise their talents and maximize their potential, and
- Ensure the financial stability of the corporation.
Our goal is to find qualified candidates who value our mission and contribute to our overall safety culture.
- Fabricate and/or install basic avionics and electrical systems.
- Assist with complex system installations and tasks.
- Disassemble and reassemble aircraft interior as needed to facilitate avionics installs/repairs
- Light sheet metal fabrications as directed to facilitate avionics installation or repairs
- Assist with wiring harness wire board set up and lay out
- Complete wiring harness fabrication and installation
- Complete antenna installations
- Complete coax installations
- Complete or assist with electrical harness continuity & power checks
- Complete or assist with ground operational tests and inspections
- Comply with Pre-Post Test Flights
- Ensure all tags are properly filled out and attached to respective parts.
- Comply with 91.411-413 Tests
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret aircraft wiring diagrams
- Understanding of basic electrical components & systems
- Proficient with soldering and terminal / pin crimping techniques
- Good troubleshooting skills with both digital & analog systems
- Knowledge of autopilot systems
- Familiarization with basic Avionics test equipment
- Able to consistently produce quality work, setting high standards, team player, good attitude, company oriented
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Current FAA A&P certificate or in the process of completing certificate requirements
- FCC License a plus
- Helicopter experience
- Knowledge of AC43.13 standard aircraft wiring practices
- Sheet metal experience preferred but not required
- Ability to supply personal tools and toolbox
- Possess work ethics of honesty, integrity, and commitment to maintaining safe and compliant aircraft
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- High technical aptitude
- Strong initiative
- Team player
*Some travel may be required*
NOTE: The above job description includes major responsibilities as set forth for the position. This description is not intended or expected to cover all details or tasks that may be involved with this position. Rather, it is provided as a general guideline to define the minimum requirements of the job.
While performing duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls: reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May be exposed to hazardous chemicals. Work around machinery with moving parts. Specialized PPE may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*Metro Aviation/PAC does not have a Visa Sponsorship program at this time*
Metro Aviation/PAC is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected, and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation/PAC prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation/PAC and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.