KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Must possess craftsman level technical knowledge of electrical and electronic principles.
• Must possess an in-depth knowledge of preventative maintenance procedures, practices and methods on communications-electronics equipment and components and associated communication-electronics processes to include job data documentation, grounding, bonding and shielding, corrosion and control and .
• Must have advanced knowledge of electronic test equipment.
• Must have advanced knowledge in troubleshooting, inspections, calibrate, repair, remove and install equipment components.
• Ability to prepare radars and supporting equipment for the scheduled training events.
• Must have advanced knowledge of maintenance data collection databases to include in administrative level entries, i.e., equipment status reporting and job standard task creation
• Must have significant knowledge in Communications Security, related programs and regulations.
• Must be able to assist in projects or programs dealing with communications electronics systems and associated equipment
• Ability to climb up to 70 feet to perform maintenance.
• Must be able to train lower level Electronic Technicians.
• Must be able to re-establish systems after movement and deployment.
• Must be a multi-tasker.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Graduate of an accredited electronics apprentice program with twelve (12) years of Journeyman level and seven (7) years craftsman level experience or military electronics technical training, equivalent Associate’s degree, and same number of years at Journeyman and Craftsman level experience as previously stated. Bachelors or higher degree in electronics/telecommunications field preferred otherwise
• Recent communications-electronics quality assurance, project management, and IMDS equipment status reporting/job standard experience to include military/DoD/commercial course completions in the previously stated areas is highly desired
• Five (5) years’ experience performing Electronic Technician II work at the journey level on RF Transmitters/Receivers, Microwave, Radar and Comm Networks with in-depth knowledge of test/diagnostic equipment, electronic component level fault isolation/repair of circuit cards components, i.e. resisters, capacitors, microcircuits, and etc., interpreting/troubleshooting with complex drawings, IMDS maintenance reporting, associated communication-electronics programs requirements and etc.
• Must be able to work on secure military facilities.
• Must have current valid driver’s license and clean driving record and be qualified to operate a vehicle
• Must be able to pass a DoD background check, pass drug screening tests and obtain SECRET security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top-Secret clearance to access TS/SCI, Special Access Program Information and Facilities.
Preference will be given to Calista shareholders and their descendants and to spouses of Calista shareholders, and to shareholders of other corporations created pursuant to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g).
Additionally, it is our policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, layoff, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
It is Calista and Subsidiaries' business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.