Completions Airworthiness Engineer II - CAO in GAC Savannah
This position is for the Savannah Completions Compliance Assurance Office (CAO) team.
Unique skills include:
- Previous experience on supplemental type certification and/or major alteration projects preferred but not required.
- Good communication and written composition skills needed for authoring technical documents such as FAA correspondence and reviewing certification plans, summary compliance reports, and type inspection authorizations.
- Attention to detail necessary to develop an understanding of Organization Designation Authorization (ODA) principles.
- Collaborative teamwork skills and ability to develop professional relationships with internal and external project stakeholders.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job or 18 months specific certification experience or related Engineering experience. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Works under minimal supervision to perform a variety of engineering and supportive tasks associated with the Compliance Assurance Organization, Organization Designation Authority, FAA, EASA and other foreign civil aviation authorities. Responsibilities include generating, processing, and supporting the review of engineering documentation required. for certification programs from project start to closure.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and develops simple certification plans describing the project scope, certification deliverables, means of compliance, and test/conformity requirements.
- Assists in reviewing certification deliverables to compare compliance checklist, compliance showing, and 8100-9 finding.
- Prepares TIA pre-requisites, draft TIA, and open projects/open PR memo.
- Assists in preparing Summary Compliance Reports.
- Creates and maintains Project File for programs as assigned.
- Creates and submits correspondence with regulatory authorities as assigned.
- Assists with FCAA validations including application & classification, SSD & SEI effectivity, meeting agendas & coordination, presentation generation & review, validation work plan development.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with Phases of TC or post-TC certification project and the associated FAA Orders, ODA Procedures Manual, Part 25 subparts and how they relate to Gulfstream aircraft design and system interfaces, means of compliance, and certification testing process and deliverables.
- Awareness of supporting policy and advisory material associated with Part 25 regulations, major/minor changes process, Part 91 and Part 135 equipment requirements, FAA Order for validations and Implementation Procedures for EASA, Brazil, Canada and China, and FCAA regulations.
Requisition Number: 215858
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 02/29/2024
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information Site Utilities Contacts Sitemap
Copyright &169; 2023 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft.