KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Experience utilizing the Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, and Evaluate (ADDIE) process in support of training programs
• Ability to read and interpret DOD documents and program requirements such as operating and troubleshooting instructions, standard operating procedures, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Coordinates with Subject Matter Experts and ISDs to conduct information gathering from formal instructional training documents
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Designs and develops script storyboards, lesson specifications, courseware products, instructor-led training, interactive courseware, and all supporting documents
• Requires the use of judgment to plan, perform; general decisions are made to solve a problem or select a course of action for a standard or recognized method of operation.
• Ability to Interface with subject matter experts for course content and relevancy of material
• Ability to complying with quality assurance and configuration management practices
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Able to quickly adapt to process changes
• Ability to travel if required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, or equivalent 5+ years of experience
• Experience working as an ISD on Navy training contracts is a plus
• DoD experience is desired, US Navy experience preferred
• Must have an active SECRET Security clearance or have the ability to obtain TOP SECRET
• Experience working in a collaborative environment in a detailed instructional analysis effort
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
Preference will be given to Calista shareholders and their descendants and to spouses of Calista shareholders, and to shareholders of other corporations created pursuant to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g).
Additionally, it is our policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, layoff, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
It is Calista and Subsidiaries' business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.