Mechanical Liaison - Lead Engineer II - Aircraft Outfitting in GAC Savannah
- Lead responsibilities include guiding and directing a team of mechanical liaison/design engineers - These responsibilities include but are not limited to the development of engineering task requirements, schedules, and development of engineering packages in support of outfitting custom aircraft.
- The mechanical lead engineer will coordinate tasks, schedules and design methodologies in order to build models and prints that demonstrate a complete understanding required for component parts, assemblies, and installations to an end item level.
- Communicate project plans and constraints with leadership to ensure alignment to other projects and initiatives.
- Lead engineer will be required to liaison with the shop on engineering issues.
- Lead engineer will employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods to meet the manufacturing quality and schedule requirements.
- Lead engineer will support/develop training plans and continuous improvement initiatives for the team.
- Assist and/or lead employee performance conversations for the purpose of employee development
- Other Skills - Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either CATIA V5 or AutoCAD interconnected with SmarTeam. - Knowledge of CHS / EHI toolset (preferred).
- Other preferred skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Successful applicant will be self-motivated, and able to develop an approach from initial procedure review, data processing, task optimization, and specifically communication of technical information to a wide range of audiences, meeting customer needs.
- Experience using CATIA V5 to create/update/modify design engineering drawings/models.
- Ability to employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods as directed to meet the manufacturing, quality, and schedule requirements.
- Candidates should have a willingness to work off-shift and weekend hours on occasion when program milestones require.
- Knowledge of 14 CFR 25 Subpart H - EWIS based design.
- Experience using SmarTeam a plus
- Ideal candidates for the Completions Liaison Engineer will have mechanical engineering experience with aircraft cabin interiors and systems.
- Prior experience in an aircraft interior manufacturing environment in which job functions were troubleshooting, product improvement, manufacturing, installing, or inspection of interior components is a plus.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in engineering, a related curriculum required.or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 8 years related engineering experience with Bachelors. Master's Degree Experience credit considered for related advance degrees limited to 2 years or Ph.D. Experience credit considered for related advance degrees limited to 4 years. 1 year supervisory or broad managerial responsibility.
Executes engineering projects of significant complexity, with predetermined scope by providing direction to a team of engineering employees with diverse skills or multi-disciplines within a single department
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exercises mature engineering judgment in determining appropriate actions, defining and planning tasks, and developing technical performance requirements .
- Supervises the activities of a team of subordinate employees; contributes to performance reviews, coordinates activities for assigned personnel, establishes and communicates clear performance expectations .
- Optimizes technical product quality within cost and schedule requirements .
- Independently conceives, plans and conducts research into problem areas of considerable complexity .
- Provides technical guidance to ensure quality of product and schedule .
- Trains new engineers in methods and procedures .
- May be called upon to assist in budget preparation and employee evaluations .
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments and applications of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise .
Perform other duties as assigned.
- The level of managerial skills and abilities appropriate for this grade may be established by each discipline.
- Assigned to problems of complex scope requiring creativity, foresight, problem solving skills, and analysis of a variety of factors.
- Faulty decisions could cause delays in schedules, and inefficient use of resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills.
- Interacts frequently with subordinates or external/cross-functional contacts on exchange of technical information.
- Supports budget for assigned area.
- Has direct employee supervision responsibilities.
Requisition Number: 216506
Percentage of Travel: None
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 12/31/2023
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information Site Utilities Contacts Sitemap
Copyright &169; 2023 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft