Tactical Air Support, Inc., a growing national company, provides domestic and international "Center of Excellence" training and advisory services in tactical aviation, as well as the production, modification, and sustainment/maintenance of high-performance aircraft. We "Serve Those Who Serve" with innovative aviation solutions while maintaining a balanced focus on our customers and our teams and we are seeking an experienced Director of Product Management and Development to join our Business Development team.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Product Management position will be responsible for leading a multidisciplinary development team focused on product planning, development, delivery, and marketing. The Director of Product Management and Development will manage the product throughout the Product Lifecycle, gather and prioritize product and customer requirements, define the product vision, and work closely with our Technology Development Division and supporting Product Teams, to deliver winning products to the marketplace. This role also includes working with the Program Management Office (PMO), and Chief Revenue Officer (CRO), to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met as well as ensuring that any product and marketing efforts executed support the company's overall strategy and goals.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Please refer to complete job description and requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Business Administration, or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Strong experience in a dynamic product management role in the defense aviation industry or a related field.
- Familiarity with defense procurement processes, regulatory frameworks, and industry standards is preferred.
- Strong technical background, with a solid understanding of aviation systems, avionics, and defense technology.
- Proficiency in agile product development methodologies and project management tools is essential.
- Ability to think strategically and translate business objectives into product strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing successful product roadmaps that align with market demands and customer needs.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams effectively.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Track key product metrics, analyze data, and gather customer feedback to measure product performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Drive product optimization initiatives to enhance customer satisfaction and drive business growth.
- Advanced understanding of fighter tactics, aircraft weapons systems and the use of these systems by warfighters is advantageous.
- Ability to spot gaps in consumer product offerings and an innovative mindset for filling them.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required and ability to support detachments as assigned.
- Able to obtain an U.S. government security clearance.
Tactical Air offers a comprehensive benefits package, including (but not limited to) 401K retirement savings plan with employer match, full health/dental/vision care, and life insurance. The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, Tactical Air invites you to apply.
If any applicant requires assistance in accessing or completing an employment application, please contact Human Resources.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer