Ascent Aviation Services is one of the largest aviation maintenance, repair, overhaul, storage and reclamation operations in the world. Our strength comes from our talented and professional employees who excel through teamwork and enthusiasm. Ascent Aviation Services continues to grow and are continually looking for motivated and career minded aviation professionals who will support our vision and goals.
To provide administrative and clerical support to the Materials Department while providing customer service and professionalism to all that need assistance. In this fast-paced environment, you will be expected to multitask between several job skills.
Physical Demands: Requires sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Requires frequent walking, climbing, bending and reaching to shoulder level. Requires occasional squatting, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weight up to 50 pounds unassisted. Requires repetitive hand movement. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working indoors and outdoor environment, and inclement weather.
Equipment Operated: Forklift, Pallet Jacks, Banding Machines, Foam Machine, and Scales.
Work Location: Main stores/tool area (Tucson and/or Marana)
Potential Hazards: Exposure to materials identified on safety data sheets, noise exposure, inclement weather exposure.
Protective Equipment Required: Safety shoes
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides mechanics with tooling and materials needed to complete their jobs.
- Maintains organization in the department in physical locations and in the computer
- Maintains first in first out with chemicals on hand as well as weekly shelf life
- Insure all items are stored properly in the department.
- Helps load and unload incoming trucks with forklift or pallet jack.
- May be asked to help with heavy lifting in other areas within the company.
- Complies with all company policies.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Will participate in and support safety initiatives, safe work practices and SMS compliance.
- Will participate in safety activities including the following: immediately reporting hazards, unsafe work practices and accidents/injuries.
- Will follow all safety rules, FAA regulations, PPE compliance and equipment operation requirements.
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines; excellent knowledge of business English, proper grammar, spelling and punctuation; attention to detail and mathematical skills; excellent communication skills; ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction; thorough knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; ability to operate office machines and equipment and to troubleshoot problems with equipment; ability to type with accuracy and speed; ability to maintain a good working relationship with co-workers and to project a positive, concerned image to the public; ability to work without supervision; ability to adjust to rapidly changing circumstances and priorities. Basic Knowledge of shipping functions.
Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education or training in business or related discipline preferred. Must be familiar with Excel and Microsoft Word Programs.
Experience: One to three years experience in an administrative support function preferred. Previous shipping and receiving experience preferred.
Certificates/Licenses: Must be Able to Attend Dangerous Goods, and Hazardous Materials Training and be Certified.
Travel: May be required to work at both Marana, AZ and Tucson, AZ locations as business needs dictate.
Ascent Aviation Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.