Job Title: Materials Specialist
Job Location: Cincinnati Greater Northern Kentucky International Airport, Erlanger Kentucky
FEAM is the MRO leader in Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the Line Maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft to include B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers best in innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.
The Material Specialist is responsible for the safe handling and processing of aircraft material as required by company, regulatory requirements, and best practices. To ensure the effective communication and application of company values and behavioral standards, as stated in our company manual, and to respond appropriately in the event of any known departure.
- Receiving, binning, shipping, and issuing materials and aircraft parts.
- Create Repair Orders for unserviceable parts as directed by Repairs Department and current contracts.
- Ensure parts and materials are available for daily maintenance workload.
- Process serviceable and unserviceable aircraft part returns as required.
- Perform receiving inspection functions on behalf of Quality Control under the oversight of the Material Manager or Supervisor.
- Responsible to execute monthly and weekly tasks as assigned such as Calibration & Shelf-Life review, and Cycle/Inventory counts.
- Utilize computer systems to maintain and update inventory in a timely manner.
- Monitors shipping and station supplies; advises Supervisor of shortages and requirements.
- Coordinate with Materials on parts required for assigned maintenance tasks at assigned station.
- Frequent: lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling of moderately heavy-weight objects (up to 70 pounds); Operate a forklift to load and unload parts and materials, drive through city traffic to make pick-ups and deliveries, or conduct field inventories.
- Additional tasks as assigned by the Materials Manager or Supervisor.
- Subject to call back, standby, and working flexible hours, weekends, holidays, and extended hours.
- Determine appropriate stocking levels at all distribution centers and line stations.
- Calculate reorder points for materials.
- Assist with reorder point updates.
- Review planned maintenance for material requirements and develop a plan to support the maintenance schedule.
- Receive and properly tag customer parts and materials as required.
- Update the customer’s inventory tracking system as required.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must pass airport security background checks and travel for work as required.
- Must have Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a Current Valid Driver’s License.
- Frequently be required to stand, walk, continually utilize hand, and finger dexterity, climb, balance, bend, or crawl, occasionally from heights in precarious places.
- Frequently lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds.
- Awareness that he/she will be working near and around moving mechanical parts, around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals and exposure to loud noises.
- Ability to operate equipment and read technical information.
- Exposure to weather conditions outside as well as non-weather conditions such as extreme heat or cold.
- One (1) year experience in inventory, warehousing, distribution, or related functions preferred.
- Previous airline or MRO experience preferred.
- Previous experience with computer-based inventory systems is preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
FEAM Aero, in addition to a good working environment and competitive pay, it is FEAM’s policy to provide a combination of supplemental benefits to all eligible FULL-TIME employees. FEAM offers Medical, Dental and a Vision Plan. Vacation and sick time-, short- and long-term disability, accidental insurance, supplemental life, FSA (Flexible Spending Account) and Critical illness Insurance.
Additionally, FEAM places special emphasis on technical training. FEAM is a leader in EASA Level Technical Aviation Training Globally. FEAM is one of very few U.S. MRO organizations that provides EASA 147 maintenance training.
In addition to the competitive benefits FEAM offers -4 day and -3-day work weeks.
FEAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment