Ascent Aviation Services is one of the largest aviation maintenance, repair, overhaul, storage and reclamation operations in the world. Our strength comes from our talented and professional employees who excel through teamwork and enthusiasm. Ascent Aviation Services continues to grow and are continually looking for motivated and career minded aviation professionals who will support our vision and goals.
Inspects aircraft parts/components and materials in accordance with proper procedures, methods, practices operations and safety. Reviews and audits technical records that support airworthiness of all aircraft, aircraft parts/components and in accordance with the Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR&8217;S).
Physical Demands: Requires standing on concrete floors for extended periods of time. Requires sitting on work bench stool, aircraft flooring or other structural surface for extended periods of time. Requires frequent walking from 15 to 150 feet to obtain parts and/or tools to accomplish task, bending, stooping, squatting, climbing, and reaching above shoulder level. Requires occasional crawling, crouching, kneeling, and balancing. Requires frequent lifting, carrying pushing or pulling weight up to 10 pounds. Requires occasional lifting of parts and materials from 10 to 50 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision to 20/20 and hearing to normal range.
Equipment Operated: Ladders, stands, hi-lifts, flashlights, borescopes, magnifying glasses, standard office equipment.
Work Location: Aircraft maintenance hangar, maintenance offices, Flightline.
Potential Hazards: Exposure to high intensity noise levels, changes in temperature, materials identified on Safety Data Sheets, working on unprotected heights or around moving machinery.
Protective Equipment Required: Goggles, safety glasses, face shields, ear protection, aprons, gloves, safety harnesses, breathing equipment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- Researches technical data and performs inspection of hangared aircraft in heavy maintenance checks, of flightline/storage induction or reactivation and back shop repair/overhaul maintenance activities in accordance with applicable aircraft/component maintenance manuals, FAA regulations and Ascent Aviation policies and procedures.
- Enforces Quality Control standards for material receiving, shipping, storage, handling, repairs and overhaul to see that quality, allowable tolerances and other specifications and standards set by the Ascent Aviation and the applicable manufacturer are met.
- Performs inspection of aircraft components during their assembly, installation and adjustment phases of incorporation onto an aircraft to ensure that the workmanship and materials conform to the aircraft manufacturers specifications and maintenance manual procedures.
- Ensures that all Work-In-Progress is properly documented as to the worked performed and that corrective actions used, have the proper technical data references documented properly in the corrective action block and the work in progress steps.
- Records all inspection data on the proper form, report and/or inspection tag and bring to the attention of the Lead Inspector any irregularities in the daily standard practices used that would cause injury to personnel or the aircraft unsafe or unairworthy.
- Performs maintenance work/repair of company equipment and general shop housecleaning.
- Tests tightness of airframe connections with hand tools and utilizes flashlight and mirror to inspect fit of parts.
- Examines assembly, installation, and adjustment of ailerons and rudders to ensure that workmanship and materials conform with Civil Air Regulations, company specifications, and manual procedures.
- Determines accuracy of installation of components in power plant and hydraulic system using protractor, micrometer, calipers, and gauges to ensure that specified tolerances are met.
- Signs inspection tag to approve unit, or records reasons for rejecting unit.
- Logs inspections performed on aircraft.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Performs facility audits for safety and policy compliance.
- Coordinates with customer representatives.
- Performs duties of Lead Inspector in his/her absence.
- Ensures that proper documentation is made on training record for training received, and signed by Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Performs maintenance duties away from base on temporary duty.
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning.
- Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner. Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
- Will participate in and support safety initiatives, safe work practices and SMS compliance.
- Will participate in safety activities including the following: immediately reporting hazards, unsafe work practices and accidents/injuries.
- Will follow all safety rules, FAA regulations, PPE compliance and equipment operation requirements.
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.