Full Time; the shift is Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm some weekend availability may be needed
Under the supervision of our Director or Maintenance, the Inspector Technician will be responsible for general preventative and corrective maintenance on company and customer owned aircraft as summarized below:
Examines, repairs, assembles, and tests aircraft accessories, such as engines, auxiliary electric motors, carburetors, spark igniters, valves, pumps, fuselage, rotor blades, and oil and fuel tanks, using hand tools and testing devices, and following shop orders and manufacturer's specifications.
- Must have knowledge and adherence to Federal regulations and be willing to exercise the I.A. rating to perform Annual and progressive inspections and approve major repairs and alterations.
- Performs routine inspections or special maintenance to prevent failures of aircraft mechanical systems and components; performs complete operations checks on hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, plumbing, precision assemblies, rigging and controls, etc.
- Determines when a component should be repaired or replaced; decides upon necessary repair scheme, quantity and type of parts needed to accomplish proper repair; secures necessary parts from manufacturer or departmental supplies.
- Repairs, reworks, and modifies worn or defective assemblies, making alterations or changes to units when necessary.
- Follows approved maintenance procedures for subject component or system, consulting internal procedures that have been FAA approved, original equipment manufacturer's (OEM's) technical data, and work package instructions.
- Assist company A&P mechanics if technical assistance is needed during repair process.
- Inspects completed work before sign off to identify any needed rework; performs rework; ensures that repaired components meet prescribed standards and tolerances
- Performs serviceability tests on repaired components/systems using test equipment specified by the original equipment manufacturer
Full-time Salary or Hourly
HTX Helicopters is a Helicopter Flight School, Tour/Charter and aircraft maintenance/management company based at Robertson Airport (4B8) in Plainville, CT., in business since 2016.
Our FAA certified repair and Robinson certified maintenance facility services include:
- Aircraft 100 hour aircraft inspections, 100 hour/annual, 50 hour inspections
- Engine removal and installations
- Pre-purchase inspections
- Maintenance and repair
- Oil & filter changes
- 2200/4400 Hour overhauls
We also maintain our own fleet of Robinson R22 and R44 Helicopters that are used for flight training and 135 operations.