A&P Mechanic - Piston
AV8 Modern Avionics •
Aircraft Maintenance Technician needed for a Part 145 Repair station with multiple ratings that maintains general aviation piston singles and light twins as well as helicopters. We prefer experience with Piper aircraft and helicopters, but all GA airframe experience is accepted. Technician must operate efficiently and proficiently in a fast-paced environment. This position works during the day on weekdays.
- Inspect, test, maintain and service aircraft to determine airworthiness of aircraft and components, in accordance with established procedures and FARs.
- Possess skills and knowledge to correctly perform maintenance and repairs on nearly all systems of each aircraft, including but not limited to reciprocating engines (Lycoming & Continental), structures, landing gear, hydraulic systems, fuel systems, electrical systems, flight controls, etc.
- Properly record the work performed on the appropriate maintenance record using Ebis by Datcomedia.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Work with other team members to deliver quality and timely aircraft repairs.
- Comply with FAA required Random Drug Screening Program.
- Must be 18 years old
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must read, speak, write, and understand English
- FAA A&P valid certification
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Three or more years General Aviation experience, on piston aircraft
- Own a set of aircraft mechanic tools
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Pick up a 75-lb object from the floor, carry 100 feet, and place object back on floor
- Stand, sit, squat, kneel, lie on your stomach, lay on your back, and tolerate small, enclosed spaces for at least 10 minutes at a time.
- Available to work overtime as necessary
- Climb and descend a ladder
- FAA IA certification
- Piper, Beech, Cessna or Diamond experience
- Helicopter experience
- Competitive Salary, Medical Insurance, Paid Vacation (based on years with company), Paid
- Holidays and 401(k) plan.
About Modern Avionics
Modern Avionics is a FAA Part 145 Repair Station, operating on Flying Cloud Airport (KFCM), Eden Prairie, MN since 1984. We serve the General Aviation community with Avionics sales and service with employees that have more than 30 years of experience. We service fixed wing as well as rotor wing aircraft, including piston, turboprop and jet-powered aircraft.
$24-$40 per hour DOE
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)