At StandardAero, we offer:
- Competitive wages
- Generous paid time off
- Insurance includes medical, dental and vision benefits
- Retirement savings plan
- Safety focused culture
- Advancement opportunities
- Performs visual inspection and performs routine maintenance on the aircraft and its components.
- Protect/secure the aircraft and customer property.
- Guides & trains other mechanics.
- Manages/measures labor hour allocation for project and keeps the Crew Chief advised of progress.
- Documents and signs-off on all work through each process; processes all paperwork and work orders for the project.
- May serve as delegated inspector.
- Supports road trips as needed.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting, and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
- Verifies all projects to be worked have a complete turnover clearly defining which tasks are to be accomplished. At the end of shift, the lead verifies turnovers have been updated providing details of work completed, work remaining and any other pertinent information the oncoming shift need to be aware of. Also, will provide an electronic turnover highlighting which tasks were accomplished on what projects.
- Is aware of project priorities and adjusts manpower as needed to ensure priority goals are supported.
- Available to assist and support all other department needs during second shift to include being the responsible leader for the facility during Emergency Procedures, Incident and Reporting events, along with escorting and meeting customers and or vendors.
- Provide performance observations and feedback to individuals to include providing written updates to the Crew Chief
- Reports directly to Director of Operations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant License
- Minimum of 7 years job related experience; minimum of 18 months experience as an A&P Mechanic in corporate aviation.
- Must have the ability to think clearly, speak intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Analytical skills required to perform complex mechanical troubleshooting.
- History of demonstrating high levels of initiative in completing all job assignments, clearly following directions, and promoting teamwork within the department.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Guides and trains other levels of A&P Mechanics.
- Strong verbal/written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
This position requires multiple physical demands as part of the daily job duties. Qualified applicants must be able to meet the physical requirements listed below with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, walk, bend, stretch, and climb ladders.
- Must have the ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
- Must be able to see to disassemble and visually inspect.
- Must be able to hear to detect the sources of problems.
- Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
- Factory authorized training on corporate aircraft.
- Engine run certification.
Raising the Standard of Excellence since 1911
With over a century of proven excellence, StandardAero has become an industry leader in MRO services and customized solutions in the aerospace field. Our shared values and learning-based culture inspire our team to exceed their potential and power our customers’ missions worldwide. With on-the-job training, advancement opportunities, and excellent benefits, StandardAero invites you to experience a fulfilling and meaningful career with us.
Inclusivity Is Our Standard
It is StandardAero’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Our supportive environment celebrates diversity with no room for harassment or discrimination of any kind. We invite you to bring your authentic self to our team and experience our welcoming culture.