StandardAero is one of the largest independent maintenance, repair, and overhaul providers in the aerospace industry. At our plants, our units engage in a variety of work scopes involving trouble-shooting, problem solving, and working together to embody our 1 priority, which is ensuring the safety of our people and our product.
At StandardAero, we offer:
- A clean, safe, and temperature-controlled work environment.
- Competitive compensation structures and a total rewards package.
- An opportunity to work with a variety of aircraft engines.
- A variety of shifts and hours.
- Opportunities for horizontal and vertical movement within the organization.
RTC AMT III/Aircraft Engine Mechanic
Build an Aviation Career You’re Proud Of
Your work ties us all together, helping our teams function and operate. Experience opportunities to learn and be a part of an organization that has your back. And with competitive compensation and total rewards, you’ll also enjoy our great perks.
Work with the latest technologies and techniques in the aviation industry to source materials, manage inventory, and coordinate logistics. You’ll ensure we have what we need to service our customers.
As an Aircraft Engine Mechanic, you’ll have responsibility performing turbine engine repair or overhaul inclusive of troubleshooting (both on or off wing), disassembly, cleaning, inspection & NDI, machining, assembly, testing, and preservation tasks conducted in the process of approving for return to service any aircraft, engine, module, accessory or part for which the repair station is rated, according to their ability and certification to perform such work, following all health and safety practices and requirements.
What youll do:
(Not listed in order of importance. Other duties may be assigned.)
Follow all required standards in the performance of assigned work displaying appropriate competencies in accordance with FAA Regulations, OEM manuals, and related materials. Incumbent is required to meet all training requirements set out in a separate, but specific Training Matrices chart for each job. Duties include but not limited to the following:
• Conducts necessary troubleshooting and/or repair (either on or off wing) on turbine engines.
• Disassembly and assembly of various models of turbine engines according to sequence utilizing aircraft tools, balance machines, surface grinders, drill presses, and other equipment for repair and/or overhaul.
• Receives engine parts to conduct inspections using precision measuring tools in order to detect physical defects such as cracks, burns, foreign object damages, proper screws and structure deviations.
• Evaluates engine parts to determine which parts are repairable or unrepairable; refers to micrometers and other precision-measurement tests to determine further routing to other destinations or to scrap parts.
• Inspect aircraft engine parts to determine and/or perform NDT requirements.
• Utilizes applicable database system in order to retrieve information regarding parts inventory, manufacturing models, serial numbers, and/or other pertinent information to ensure proper documentation.
• Refers to technical publications, specification sheets and/or other regulatory requirements in order to ensure that all tasks have been completed in proper sequence and required signed-off.
• Customer contact and travel may be required.
• General facility cleaning and maintenance.
When you work at StandardAero, you’re not just an employee, you’re part of a vibrant company of like-minded people, all working collaboratively towards the same goals. We succeed as a team because we value the unique contributions and perspectives of all of our people, fostering a culture of collaboration and excellence. It’s a culture that promotes mutual respect and effective communications to create an environment of stability, shaping the organization and forging a successful future. Our goal is to be the best place to work, giving each and every employee the opportunity to reach their maximum potential through continuous learning and advancement opportunities, allowing all team members to exceed their potential and empower everyone’s success.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. The company is a global enterprise that employs nearly 7,000 employees worldwide with annual revenues exceeding $4 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
StandardAero is owned by Carlyle, a global investment firm with deep industry expertise that deploys private capital across four business segments: Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Credit and Investment Solutions.
Raising the Standard of Excellence since 1911
With over a century of proven excellence, StandardAero has become an industry leader in MRO services and customized solutions in the aerospace field. Our shared values and learning-based culture inspire our team to exceed their potential and power our customers’ missions worldwide. With on-the-job training, advancement opportunities, and excellent benefits, StandardAero invites you to experience a fulfilling and meaningful career with us.
Inclusivity Is Our Standard
StandardAero offers equal employment opportunities for all. Our supportive environment celebrates diversity with no room for harassment or discrimination of any kind. We invite you to bring your authentic self to our team and experience our welcoming culture.