POSITION OVERVIEW/ JOB DUTIES
- The Mechanic Trainee will learn how to perform routine maintenance, and major inspections on turbofan and turboprop powered aircraft.
- Trouble-shooting, repair, and modification of aircraft components and engines will also be a part of this OJT program.
- Issues tooling to shop personnel and maintains a system to track the whereabouts of tooling.
- Inspects, maintains, services, and repairs tools. Accomplish or coordinate tool calibrations as required.
- Prepares tools for shipment to outside repair and/or calibration vendors
- Maintains calibration certification documentation.
- Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- May perform other duties as required by the department.
- A prospective student must meet screening and security requirements.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have proven mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Must have proven experience using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Must be able to accurately read/interpret dimensions and measurements.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand a minimum of 8 hours per day and walk long distances.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, crawl, and climb ladders in order to work on areas within the aircraft that are difficult to access.
- Must be able to think clearly and speak intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must be able to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
- Must be able to work outside in extremes of temperature and inclement weather.
- Must be able to see to disassemble and visually inspect.
- Must be able to hear to detect the sources of problems.
- Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Raising the Standard of Excellence since 1911
With over a century of proven excellence, StandardAero has become an industry leader in MRO services and customized solutions in the aerospace field. Our shared values and learning-based culture inspire our team to exceed their potential and power our customers’ missions worldwide. With on-the-job training, advancement opportunities, and excellent benefits, StandardAero invites you to experience a fulfilling and meaningful career with us.
Inclusivity Is Our Standard
It is StandardAero’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Our supportive environment celebrates diversity with no room for harassment or discrimination of any kind. We invite you to bring your authentic self to our team and experience our welcoming culture.