Kelly Aerospace Thermal Systems is actively recruiting for an experienced Aircraft Mechanic. This position will be working on aircraft daily including an Eclipse Jet, a Piper Cheyenne, Beechcraft Barons (55 & 58), and a Mooney M20F inclusive of corporate aircraft that transit the Montgomery facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the installation of air conditioning and other STCs into general aviation piston aircraft.
- Examines engine and other components to find any cracks, breaks, or other defects requiring repair or replacement.
- Tests engine and operating systems for proper functioning using array of appropriate tools.
- Performs scheduled maintenance and repairs or replaces any equipment not functioning properly as well as further in-flight tests, adjusts and correct as required.
- Uses maintenance manuals and specifications to determine proper operating condition.
- Modifies systems or components as appropriate.
- Inspects and approves for return to service in compliance with FAA rules and regulations.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Completion of an aircraft mechanic training course with a minimum of 1,900 actual class hours given by a school certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for such training.
- Certification by the FAA as an A & P mechanic required.
- FAA Inspection Authorization certification required.
- Completion of at least 16 hours of training every 24 months to keep certification valid.
- maintenance training and experience on Eclipse Jet, Piper Cheyenne, Beechcraft Barons (55 & 58), and Mooney M20F aircraft