Yulista Support Services LLCRegular
This position is pending contract award.
The Aviation Maintenance Manager shall perform all local management actions associated with his/her employees. The Aviation Maintenance Manager will apply knowledge and skills concerned with all primary aircraft systems critical to the performance of the aircraft. This position is considered Key Personnel and shall be an employee of the prime Contractor.
• These actions are to include but are not limited to:
• Assigning specialized technicians to specific functions.
• Supervises all maintenance workloads related to aircraft supported by contract or delivery order.
• Oversees crews of up to 500 Mechanics and Aviation Ground Support.
• Implements effective control methods in the area of production, scheduling, quality inspection, test and safety.
• Assures conformance with prescribed standards of quality, production and safety. Maintains aircraft and aircraft logbooks and historical data IAW current US Army Regulation and Standards.
• Conducts continued evaluation of job practices, training and resolves technical, production and supply problems.
• Coordinates with Government personnel project engineer personnel and provides assistance to project Engineers, and other contractors.
• Enforces all aspects of company policy, safety policy, and strict adherence to the approved Flight and Ground Operating Procedures (FGOP). Updates FGOP as require
• Investigations and reports arising from any quality defect notices issued against Contractor employees
• Verification of time sheets
• Introduction and initial indoctrination to new employees
• Manages the service, repair, and overall maintenance of aircraft and aircraft engines to verify aircrafts are safe for flight.
• Acts as advisor to aircraft maintenance team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of complex tasks.
• A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
• The Aviation Maintenance Manager may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Manages and evaluates subordinate support personnel. Executes daily workloads as assigned by Program Manager and manages employee time effectively. Overall responsible for daily task completion, employee compliance with government and company directives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow up
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work with all levels of Management & Supervisors.
• Must be able to handle confidential information on a routine basis
• Problem solving skills using industry techniques, tools & resources.
• Ability to understand and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to understand and interpret & technically discuss drawings, specifications, regulations applicable to the job.
• Ability to generate routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Requires the use of judgment to plan, perform; general decisions are made to solve a problem or select a course of action for a standard or recognized method of operation.