Aviation Mechanic III
Yulista Holding, LLC •
The Aviation Mechanic performs a full range of airframe and engine maintenance, repairs, modifications, inspections and servicing of aircraft in accordance with approved methods, techniques and practices and certifies accomplished work.
- Perform Aircraft Maintenance IAW instructions/drawingsTroubleshoot systems as required to meet customer needs
- Document maintenance as per Quality Assurance (QA) and established regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a high state of cleanliness and utilize a clean-as-you-go process when executing maintenance duties.
- Perform rotating break room cleaning duties.Perform regular Foreign Object Damage (FOD) walks.Comply with processes and procedures as per DHS/Department of Defense (DOD) documents and publications
- .Maintain control tools. Report missing, lost, found, or unattended tools to the supervisor.
- Inventory and inspect tools on a regular basis and replace worn or broken tools.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day to day maintenance.
- Promptly report all accidents, injuries, safety, violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to supervisor.
- Use Government computer system to access various technical references for airframe repairs and Government training requirements.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions in aircraft structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, anti-icing, pneudraulic, engines, auxiliary power unit, ventilation, and heating systems.
- Repair, replace, and rebuild aircraft structures and functional components including rigging, surface controls, plumbing, and hydraulic units, using hand tools, power tools, machines, equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun, and drills.
- Troubleshoot engines and systems and use Federal Supply systems.
- Replace or repair worn or damaged components, such as alternators, fuel controls, fuel pumps, oil pumps, engine mounted gearboxes, and compressor bleed valves using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
- Remove engines and gearboxes from aircraft, using hoist or forklift truck.
- Disassemble and inspect airframe and other components for wear, cracks, security, or other defects. Repair or replace defective parts then reassemble and install in aircraft.
- Perform preflight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections.
- Perform miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including flushing crankcase, cleaning screens and filters, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Perform jacking and towing of aircraft.Enter in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verifies the work was performed satisfactorily.
- Service engines and airframe components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition.
- Research the technical library and other applicable technical documentation (such as manufacturers' and DHS/DOD maintenance manuals, service bulletins, engineering and technical data) to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Perform progressive, isochronal, phase, periodic, and other hourly or calendar inspections.
- Examine engines for cracked cylinders and oil leaks.Listen to operating engine to detect and diagnose malfunctions, such as sticking or burnt valves. Inspects jet engines and components for cracks, corrosion, FOD, burned areas, distortions, security, warping, wear, and missing segments.
- Inspect jet engine turbine blades to detect cracks, distortion, corrosion, burn-out, security, or breaks. Tests engine operation, using testing equipment, such as ignition analyzer, compression checker, distributor timer, ammeter, and jet calibration (Jetcal) tester, to locate source of malfunction.
- Perform full system checkouts and complete servicing on all aircraft systems.
- Provide technical direction to Aircraft Mechanic Helpers and Aircraft Workers.
- Other duties as assigned
This position does not have direct reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- May require knowledge of and experience performing maintenance on the following aircraft:
- UH-60 A/L, UH-60 M, 407, 206, OH-58, AH 64 D, AH-64E, CH-47 F, MC-130J, HC-130,
- C-130, C-26, EC-145, EC-135, LUH-72, UC-35, 407, V22, AH-IF, COBRA, APACHE
- Must be capable of carrying items up to 40 pounds. Heavier items must seek assistance of other workers or weight lifting devices
- Must be capable of performing tasks in cramped, awkward, and strained positions and/or climbing up and down ladders, work platforms, scaffolding, and aircraft structures.
- Must be capable of performing tasks that frequently require: lifting, reaching, bending, walking, pulling, sitting, standing, crouching, stooping, kneeling, and stretching for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to read and interpret all aircraft instruments.
- Use special test equipment and tools.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with external contacts such as customers, vendors, suppliers, shipping companies, etc.
- Must represent Yulista Aviation, Inc. in a professional manner at all times.
- Must be trustworthy – will handle confidential information routinely
- Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
- Ability to follow a process.
- Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up
- .Analytical skills with the ability to evaluate data and consider decision impact across multiple areas.
- Strong decision analysis and problem solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management.
- Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to Yulista Aviation, Inc.’s goals.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- High School Diploma or Equivalent with 10 years’ experience with 4 years using military standards and specifications
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field required.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to pass a drug and background screening
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)