ST Engineering Aerospace is located at Brookley Aeroplex in Mobile, Alabama, and Pensacola, FL, at the Pensacola International Airport. We are a renowned provider of aircraft maintenance and modification (AMM) services for commercial airlines and air freight operators. We meet our customers requirements by providing a full spectrum of high-quality, reliable, and timely AMM and engineering solutions. We have the know-how and experience to comprehensively manage complex projects, ensuring our customers aircraft operate safely and efficiently.
Benefits & Culture
As part of the ST Engineering family, you will be treated like family. We offer a great range of benefits that our employees value and help make ST Engineering the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you and your family.
Some of the benefits we offer are listed below:
- Medical Benefits
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401k with Employer match
- Company provided uniforms
- 6 Nationally recognized holidays
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Company sponsored events throughout the year
Responsible for electrical maintenance and repair on Commercial Aircraft types.
- Remove and replace various aircraft components and electrical systems with the use of special tooling and ground support equipment following oral and written instructions such as supervisor’s directives and manuals to complete all routing and non-routine assignments in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and repair basic electrical, communications, and certification requirements with various testing equipment on aircraft or in a shop environment.
- Operate test equipment and their applications and repairing wiring terminations by identifying basic tools and equipment.
- Install/Modify systems by identifying relevant reference, instructions and use of test equipment and tools for all repairs.
- Perform the duties of and provide necessary training for lower skill levels.
- Maintain and store various tools in a serviceable condition.
- Adhere to safe maintenance practices and keep a clean work area.
- Maintain and supply personal records of work performed on OJT forms for the Training Department.
- Successfully complete any courses deemed necessary by the Training Department.
- Perform any work that may be assigned by his or her supervisor.
Proficient working knowledge of job specifications for Mechanic I and the following skills:
Knowledge of proper use of radio altimeter test set, pilot/static tester, DMC/Transponder test set, Flight data recorder tester, fuel Qty tester, TACAS tester, digital multimeter, anti-skid valve test set, VOR/ILS ramp tester, radome moisture tester, time domain reflectometer, auto pilot, yaw damp system, VHF communications, HF communications, selcal, public address and interphone, internal power, AC/DC load distribution, fire and overheat detection, take-off warning, flap position indication, leading edge indication, fuel quantity indication, pilot/static heat, flight data recorder, aural warning systems, landing gear position indication, antiskid, external and internal lighting, air data, compass, stall warning, fight director, omeaga, BOR/VHF navigation, DME, weather radar, radio altimeter, door warning, engine indication, thrust reveres indication, oil quantity indication, oil pressure indication, knowledge of all aircraft manuals, and related materials, knowledge of ATA codes, wiring schematics, analysis charts and maintenance procedures, knowledge of all applicable F.A.R.’s and company policies and procedures, knowledge of all paperwork and procedures including job cards/ time cards, routine and non-routine cards, S.R.M.’s, service bulletins, and work sign-off/ sell-off procedures.
INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS: A moderate level of interpersonal skills is required to maintain an effective relationship with various departments, co-workers and supervision.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT: Requires easy mobility around all sections of the facility and the dexterity to install various electrical, mechanical, plumbing systems. Must possess the ability to distinguish colors to perform work adequately. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and report to work regularly.
30 Months commercial or military experience
ST Engineering Aerospace provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), national origin, age (40 or over), citizenship, physical or mental disability, or military obligations.