Electronic Technician B, Naval Vessel USNS Howard O. Lorenzen - Patrick AFB, FL
Vertex Aerospace •
Position Type: Permanent
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT ON AWARD AND FUNDING
The Mobile Sensors program performs Operations and Maintenance (O&M) on a ship based mobile radar/communication systems that are complex, multi-mission systems with elaborate command, control, computer, and communications interfaces and support sub-systems. These systems, and the program assigned employees primarily operate in the Pacific Commands (PACOM) area of responsibility (AOR). Our program team members are required to operate and keep these radar and communication systems fully mission capable (FMC) 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, and capable of supporting mission operations on short-notice.
In performance of this mission, Mobile Sensors is seeking an entry level Electronic Technician that will work with other technicians and engineers on ancillary radar and/or communications equipment as assigned, and additional duties as required/assigned. This position will require personnel to live and work for extended shifts/periods onboard a ship that will operate in/out of overseas ports. Position requires meeting the maritime medical physical and appropriate CENTCOM AOR medical requirements.
This position although V2X, is represented by the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW), Local 2088, and the pay and benefits are per the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Certified and/or trained to the standards of the United States Navy A-Schools for Electronics Technicians, Cryptologic Technicians, Operations Specialists, or Interior Communications Electricians or the equivalent civilian training.
- 2+ years of successful technical experience/application
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Current U.S. Passport with 3 x blank pages
- This position is Full-Time/at-sea on a forward deployed vessel. Candidates must not be hindered by motion sickness.
- Candidates must pass/maintain Maritime Medical Exam IAW Mobile Sensors PWS and CENTCOM Mod 15 requirements.
- Security + CE Certification
- Knowledge in the operation and maintenance of electro-mechanical systems, hydraulic motors, highly complex gearboxes, compressors, dehydrators, air handling units, etc.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)