Metro Aviation is seeking a Flight Simulator Technician in Shreveport, Louisiana at the Metro Aviation Headquarters Helicopter Flight Training Center.
Our mission is to provide the safest and highest quality traditional aircraft operations, completions, and maintenance so that we will:
- Allow our customers to safely and effectively accomplish their mission profile,
- Allow our employees to exercise their talents and maximize their potential, and
- Ensure the financial stability of the corporation.
Our goal is to find qualified candidates who value our mission and contribute to our overall safety culture.
We invest in the well-being of our employees. The following FREE benefits are offered to all full time employees: family health and prescription insurance, family dental insurance, family vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, and an Employee Assistance Program.
The Flight Simulator Technician is responsible for maintaining Level D and Level 7 flight training devices as required by the FAA to meet current pilot training objectives.
- Perform all maintenance actions on flight simulators including
- Diagnose and correct complex issues
- Preventative maintenance
- Utilize a management system to record and track all maintenance activities.
- On all simulators, performance of:
- Pre and post flight activities
- Visual alignments
- Testing and evaluation of results
- Logistics including managing, testing, and repairing of parts, and
- Assist in simulator modifications and enhancements.
- Administrative duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to:
- Coordinate required technical solutions with other experts
- Understand electronics associated with the training system
- Exercise independent judgment in planning, organizing and executing work assignments
- Utilize test and support equipment associated with the maintenance, troubleshooting and testing of the training system
- Interpret schematics, wiring diagrams and technical documentation; as well as ability to evaluate, isolate and repair malfunctions
- Perform duties of FAA Simulation Qualification Test evaluator
- Conduct on-the-job training
- Effectively use equipment needed to perform job duties which includes general hand tools, electronics test equipment (meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.), diagnostic equipment (hardware), and electrical
- Technical skills and experience to operate, maintain and diagnose complex simulator problems
- Experience working within a real time computing environment and the ability to identify, diagnose, and correct complex technical issues with the training system
- Exercise initiative in applying, and when necessary, adapting procedures to address both regular and unusual problems with the training system
- Familiarity with customer expectations and satisfaction, policies and business practices
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite products
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College degree or technical certificate in electronics preferred
- 2-3 years of flight simulator maintenance experience required
- 2-3 years full motion simulator maintenance experience preferred
- Ability to identify primary colors
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds at times
- Temperature controlled office
- Close, confined spaces in simulator
- Exposure to high-voltage electricity, various heights, confined spaces, and hydraulic fluids and oils
STATUS & SCHEDULE
- Full Time
- 243 work days/2,187 hours per year to include:
- 6 days on shift/3 days off shift
- 9 hour shifts
- Eligible for workover as needed
- No travel required
*Metro Aviation does not have a Visa Sponsorship program at this time*
Metro Aviation is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.