To perform functions assigned in the disassembly, repair, cleaning, adjustment, and testing of cabin interiors and related equipment.
NOTE: Must be able and willing to travel internationally for training in early 2024 for 2 months and have or are able to obtain a passport.
Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods
of time. Requires frequent bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, balancing and reaching above shoulder level. Requires occasional crawling, climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weight up to 50lbs unassisted. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Equipment Operated: Hand tools, power tools, sewing and serge machines, shears, ladders, stools.
Work Location: Utilized base wide.
Potential Hazards: Exposure to high intensity noise levels, changes in temperature, materials identified on Material Safety Data Sheets, sharp instruments, working around moving machinery.
Protective Equipment Required: Goggles, safety glasses, ear protection, gloves, respirators, dust masks
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- Research technical data and performs disassembly, repair, cleaning, adjustment, and testing of cabin interiors and related equipment in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals, FAA regulations and Ascent Aviation Services policies and procedures.
- Installs aircraft interior furnishings, trim and accessories, including carpeting, sidewalls, doors, windows, seats, partitions, galleys, and passenger service units, according to specifications.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, drawings, and production procedures to determine measurements and installation procedures.
- Measures and marks installation areas in aircraft interior, using measuring and marking instruments and templates, drills, reams, countersinks, and rivets.
- Trims and files parts and assemblies, using hand tools and power tools.
- Fits and installs items in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, and fasteners, such as screws, rivets bolts and speed nuts.
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning.
- Fabricates and installs supporting structural devices such as clips, brackets, angles, gussets, and doublers, using shop equipment.
- Ensures that proper documentation is made on training record for training received, and signed by Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Tests functional performance of installed items.
- Reworks installations as required.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner. Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
- Employees are responsible for performing their duties in accordance with company policies and government regulations. These rules are written in the interest of preserving the lives and the resources entrusted to each employee, and when the rules are violated, the risk of a mishap is usually increased.
- Employees shall participate in safety education programs and train to recognize hazards on the job and how to report them promptly. As a condition of employment, each member of Ascent Aviation agrees to report errors, incidents, and accidents honestly.
- Any employee who observes an unsafe action or condition should bring it to the attention of supervisors and managers. Certain conditions may allow the employee to easily correct a condition or situation.
- In all cases, the employee must notify his/her supervisor of any actions taken by the employee. The first employee to observe an accident or incident should take immediate action to alert appropriate responders/supervision and to take reasonable steps to prevent further injury, or damage.