Ascent Aviation Services is one of the largest aviation maintenance, repair, overhaul, storage, and reclamation operations in the world. Our strength comes from our talented and professional employees who excel through teamwork and enthusiasm. Ascent Aviation Services continues to grow and are continually looking for motivated and career minded aviation professionals who will support our vision and goals.
The Landing Gear Component Condition Report (CCR) Inspector is responsible for inspecting and evaluating the condition of aircraft landing gear components, including wheels, brakes, struts, and other related components. The CCR Inspector performs visual inspections, and other specialized inspections to determine the condition of the components and prepares detailed reports on their findings.
Physical Demands: Requires sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Requires frequent walking, bending, stooping, climbing, and balancing. Requires occasional reaching above shoulder level, kneeling or squatting. Requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weight up to 50 pounds unassisted. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Equipment Operated: Ability to operate various test equipment for hydraulic, air, and electrical applications.
Work Location: Landing Gear Shop.
Protective Equipment Required: Goggles, safety glasses, face shields, ear protection, aprons, gloves, respirators, breathing equipment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
Conduct visual inspections of landing gear components to identify any visible damage or defects.
· Evaluate the condition of landing gear components based on their inspections and determine the necessary repairs or overhaul processes needed to return them to serviceable condition.
· Prepare detailed reports on the condition of the landing gear components, including recommendations for repair or overhaul processes.
· Work closely with other members of the landing gear overhaul team to ensure that all components are properly inspected and repaired or overhauled as needed.
· Maintain accurate records of all inspections and repairs, including documentation of all work performed and parts used.
· Ensure compliance with all relevant safety and regulatory requirements, including FAA regulations and company quality standards.
· Continually update knowledge and skills through ongoing training and education.
· Familiar with precision measuring instruments and devises.
· Capable of interpreting blueprints.
· Understanding of geometric tolerance.
· Verify revision status of technical data used to perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, or alteration is the current revision.
· Creating, configuring and maintain all Landing Gear LLP’s, Non-LLP’s and Scrap Parts material lists.
· FAA certification or ability to obtain an equivalent certification.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in aircraft landing gear maintenance and repair required.
· Strong knowledge of landing gear components, including wheels, brakes, struts, and other related components.
· Experience with non-destructive testing (NDT) techniques and specialized testing equipment.
· Strong attention to detail and ability to accurately identify and evaluate potential damage or defects.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to prepare detailed reports and communicate effectively with other team members and customers.
· Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and other relevant software.
· Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics.
· Ability to work independently and solve problems.
· Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor
· Will participate in and support safety initiatives, safe work practices and SMS compliance.
· Will participate in safety activities including the following: immediately reporting hazards, unsafe work practices and accidents/injuries.
· Will follow all safety rules, FAA regulations, PPE compliance and equipment operation requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of Landing Gear component condition reporting.
Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required. Successful Technical/Trade school certifications or OJT.
Experience: 3 to 5 years of experience in aviation landing gear inspection.
Certificates/Licenses: At a minimum an FAA Airframe License required, and valid driver’s license required.
Other: May be required to work at both Marana, AZ and Tucson, AZ locations as business needs dictate
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.