Job Title: Lead Aircraft Mechanic - CVG
Location: Greater Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport
$12,000.00 Retention Bonus!
$2,000.00 Relocation Bonus!
FEAM is the MRO leader in Aircraft Line Maintenance Engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the Line Maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network, and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft including B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers the best innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.
The Lead Mechanic is a working technician whose responsibility is to lead, guide, and instruct the maintenance technicians at the direction of their supervisor. They will assist the supervisors in the performance of their duties and/or act as a working supervisor as needed. They will assure that the personnel under their leadership follow the company’s prescribed safety practices in the performance of their duties. He / She is responsible for the accomplishment of all work assigned in accordance with policies, procedures, requirements, and specifications established by the Company, applicable government agencies, and the manufacturers as contained in the Approved Technical Publications.
- Perform maintenance (on-call and scheduled) work on various customers aircraft.
- Perform routine maintenance and airworthiness releases (within the scope of approval) returning aircraft to service.
- Responsible for servicing, inspecting, and maintaining aircraft, aircraft engines, and associated components; effectively performs work to meet deadlines and performance goals.
- Troubleshoot systems; disassemble, repair, and reassemble sections and components to maintain fully functioning equipment according to Approved Technical Data provided by the customer.
- Ensure all departing aircraft are safe in accordance with FARs and the air carrier/manufacturer manuals and all work performed is properly documented.
- Perform line maintenance duties, activities, and maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Collaborate and communicate with the air carrier’s maintenance control center as required.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must pass airport security background checks and travel for work as required.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a Current Valid Driver’s License.
- Must have a current valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant License.
- Frequently be required to stand, walk, continually utilize hand, and finger dexterity, climb, balance, bend or crawl, occasionally from heights in precarious places.
- Frequently lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds.
- Awareness that he/she will be working near and around moving mechanical parts, around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals, and exposure to loud noises.
- Ability to operate equipment and read technical information.
- Exposure to weather conditions outside as well as non-weather conditions such as extreme heat or cold.
- Prefer 3 to 5 years of experience working on Boeing, A319 NEO & A320 aircraft type.
- Prefer 1 to 2 years of lead experience.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
Compensation and Benefits:
FEAM, in addition to a good working environment and competitive pay, it is FEAM’s policy to provide a combination of supplemental benefits to all eligible full-time employees. FEAM offers Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans. Vacation and sick time-, short- and long-term disability, accidental insurance, supplemental life, FSA (Flexible Spending Account), and Critical Illness Insurance.
FEAM additionally has a matching 401k retirement plan. Additionally, FEAM places special emphasis on technical training. FEAM is a leader in EASA Level Technical Aviation Training Globally. FEAM is one of very few U.S. MRO organizations that provides EASA 147 maintenance training.
In addition to the competitive benefits, FEAM offers -4 day and -3-day work weeks.
FEAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.