HQ Aero Management Inc. •
Position Type: Permanent
The Structures Mechanic is responsible to inspect, overhaul, repair, modify, and troubleshoot airframe parts, systems, and components. The Structures Mechanic is responsible to perform work within estimated time and within FAA, and customer standards of quality.
As an experienced Structures Mechanic, you are qualified to:
- Effectively communicate with and assist Aircraft Engineers in the development of repair solutions and modifications for transport category aircraft.
- Fabricate parts and assemblies.
- Inspect, overhaul, repair, modify, and troubleshoot airframe parts, systems, and components.
- Follow all applicable specifications to accomplish a specific task.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform work within estimated hours.
- Follow all safety procedures and specifications.
- The Structures Mechanic must execute all required paperwork in connection with assigned normal duties.
- Use and operate ground support equipment, as applicable and if qualified, in a safe manner.
- Work with little or no supervision and accomplish assignments with little or no rework.
- Assist other employees in the performance of their job assignments through coaching, counseling, and guidance.
- Interface effectively with members of management, other departments, and co-workers.
Qualifications, Experience & Requirements:
- Perform other work as instructed by the Structures Team Leader or Lead, if qualified.
- Act as a Structures Team Leader or Structures Lead, when required and if qualified for the position.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) or more years aircraft structural overhaul experience, FAA Airframe certificate, or successful completion of an Aircraft Structural Training Program.
- The Structures Mechanic must provide own tools as required on company tool list.
- Language (read, write, speak, and understand English)
- Shift Schedule: 1st Shift 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM, 2nd Shift 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM, 3rd Shift 11:00 PM - 7:30 AM - MUST BE WILLING TO WORK ANY SHIFT
STRUCTURES MECHANIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant or FAA Airframe certificate.
- Subject to noises in excess of 85 dB.
- Be able to bend, stoop, kneel, and/or stand for prolonged periods of time and climb ladders and/or service stands.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals and requires the use of all safety equipment.
- Must be able to breathe through a full face respirator.
- Job requires participation in the DOT random drug and alcohol testing program.
- Normal or corrected hearing.
- Capable of lifting fifty (50) pounds.
- Minimum visual acuity of 20/40 corrected.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected by the successful applicant. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the successful applicant. The successful applicant may be asked to perform other duties as required.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)