Ascent Aviation Services is one of the largest aviation maintenance, repair, overhaul, storage and reclamation operations in the world. Our strength comes from our talented and professional employees who excel through teamwork and enthusiasm. Ascent Aviation Services continues to grow and are continually looking for motivated and career minded aviation professionals who will support our vision and goals.
To perform functions assigned in the Service, Test Operation or Development and Production level testing of aircraft engines. Installation of engine parts and accessories. Responsible for test site security, install and build up test engines and execute test instructions provided by the customer. Calibrate and determine by specific Test Instruction requirements, the serviceability of repaired engines. Pre-inspection of engines prior to run and proper installation of engine on test stand. Operates, troubleshoots, tests, and records all Test Facility runs and maintenance within Test Facility capabilities. Maintains clean Test Facility to prevent FOD and performs other related duties as assigned. Work in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean, FOD-free work area.
Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods
of time. Requires frequent bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, balancing and reaching above shoulder level. Requires occasional crawling, climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weight up 50lbs unassisted. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Equipment Operated: Aircraft ground servicing equipment including tugs, tractors, hi-lifts, trucks, servicing carts and test equipment, hand tools, reach forklifts, 36K forklift, 10K reach forklift.
Work Location: Test Site located on Tucson International Airport.
Potential Hazards: Exposure to high-intensity noise levels, extreme changes in temperature, materials identified on Safety Data Sheets, working on unprotected heights or around moving machinery; aircraft fuel tank entry.
Protective Equipment Required: Goggles, safety glasses, face shields, ear protection, aprons, gloves, safety harnesses, and breathing equipment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- Research technical data and performs disassembly, repair, cleaning, adjustment, assembly, testing and calibration of aircraft components with company special tools and ground equipment in accordance with applicable maintenance manual, customer provided test instruction, FAA regulations and Ascent Aviation policies and procedures.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers’ maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Upon removing units from an aircraft, engine, or other major component or subassembly, completes appropriate identification, inspections.
- Disassembles and inspects aircraft and engine parts for wear, or other defects.
- Repairs or replaces defective engine parts and reassembles and installs engine in aircraft.
- Borescope engine internals and provide data to assigned Test engineer
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring system and engine accessories.
- Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft including cleaning, servicing, greasing, moving parts.
- Maintain Test Site facility equipment keeping them operational and safe for use during test.
- Manipulate and use customer Data Acquisition System (DAS) inputting commands and log entries part of assigned test.
- Operate GSE used at test site for engine operation.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Ensures that proper documentation is made on training record for training received, and signed by Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning.
- Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner. Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
- Will participate in and support safety initiatives, safe work practices and SMS compliance.
- Will participate in safety activities including the following: immediately reporting hazards, unsafe work practices and accidents/injuries.
- Will follow all safety rules, FAA regulations, PPE compliance and equipment operation requirements.