KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Strong mastery of strategic capture processes with the ability to develop strong technical and management responses.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to communicate verbally and in writing across various levels of customer and internal organizations, from technicians to the C-Suite, and demonstrated ability to effectively persuade through technical presentation
- Ability to manage and consolidate proposal inputs from diverse contributors
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of related business development and capture experience working with an array of DoD and OGA customers
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management software and solutions, preferably Salesforce
- Experience in gathering necessary intel from industry days/job walks to lead the development of basis of estimate and other proposal inputs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, SharePoint, and Deltek products preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance
- Operational experience with an ANC 8(a) company as a Project or Program Manager focusing on Civil Engineering, Base Operations, Facilities Management, or Range Management
- Knowledge of competitors in the Base and Range Operations & Maintenance market space and experience in competitive assessment.
- Proven experience in the Capture Management of Base Operations to include processes and protocols from opportunity identification through contract award
Preference will be given to Calista shareholders and their descendants and to spouses of Calista shareholders, and to shareholders of other corporations created pursuant to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g).
Additionally, it is our policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, layoff, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
It is Calista and Subsidiaries' business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.