Ascent Aviation Services is one of the largest aviation maintenance, repair, overhaul, storage, and reclamation operations in the world. Our strength comes from our talented and professional employees who excel through teamwork and enthusiasm. Ascent Aviation Services continues to grow and are continually looking for motivated and career-minded aviation professionals who will support our vision and goals.
Build boxes, crates, pallets, shoring, and other wood products as required in support of the Dismantlement department and multiple customers of Marana Aerospace. Assist shipping department in loading and unloading cargo, palletizing, and securing bulky items offered for shipment.
Physical Demands: Requires lifting, standing, walking, working in an outdoor environment in inclement weather.
Equipment Operated: Forklifts, saws, pneumatic nail guns, staplers, drills, miter saws, pallet jacks, banding machines, wood working & hand tools.
Work Location: Carpenter Shop at the Dismantlement Area.
Potential Hazards: Noise exposure, dust, sharp objects, moving equipment and exposure to materials identified on Material Safety Data Sheets.
Protective Equipment Required: Safety Shoes, Hearing and Eye Protection, and Gloves.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- Responds to inquiries either in person or by telephone and provide information applying significant knowledge of departmental rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Prepares Items for Shipping
- Loads trucks
- Ensures all wood items and supplies are stored properly and accounted for
- Complies with all Company policies.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Inventories and logs all supplies received
Marginal Job Functions:
· Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner. Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
- Will participate in and support safety initiatives, safe work practices, and SMS compliance.
- Will participate in safety activities including the following: immediately reporting hazards, unsafe work practices, and accidents/injuries.
- Will follow all safety rules, FAA regulations, PPE compliance, and equipment operation requirements.