Electrical Technician (Mirabel, Canada)
GKN Aerospace •
Position Type: Permanent
About GKN Aerospace
Fokker Elmo, a division of GKN Aerospace, is a leading player in the design, manufacturing and support for the Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems (EWIS) for Aerospace and Defense programs with its headquarters in Hoogerheide, The Netherlands. Our innovative tools and processes support our customers together and with our skilled professional work force creates a Unique Selling Point. Fokker Elmo offers an innovative and international workplace in a company with a rich history in the field of aircraft construction. Our company has a passion for aerospace technology and our staff are rightly proud of what they develop and build.
Members of the Fokker Elmo community can be found across the globe. Our activities are also performed regularly onsite at customer locations, including Fokker Elmo Canada located in Mirabel Quebec, Canada.
To join our high-performing manufacturing team, we are seeking Electrical Technicians to assemble electronic and electrical components and cable harnesses on aircraft. The position will be supporting our ongoing activities with one of our main customers in the Montreal area. The majority of our work is performed on the aircraft, providing a unique hands-on working experience.
In these roles, you will:
• Carry out assembly for electronic or electrical components and cable harnesses in accordance with work instructions and regulations regarding the assembly of electrical or electronic components and cable harnesses within agreed task times
• Signal damages to wiring if they occur during installation
• Checking and assessing for completeness and correctness of tools, materials and documentation and taking action on deviations
• Exemplifying a safety-first mind-set and ensuring compliance with the GKN Health, Safety and Environment policies and standards
• Uphold the exceptional quality of GKN Fokker Elmo standards and maintain positive team relationships
How you’ll contribute
To help us make a difference, you’ll bring your passion and talent for what you do along with the following skills, experience, qualifications and attributes:
- Experience in wire harness assembly within a relevant industry (aerospace or automotive manufacturing desirable) OR
- Diploma from accredited school in Electrical Cabling or Avionics (example – EMAM or l’ENA)
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in written form) in English
- Must be willing to work in Mirabel
- Bilingual – French and English
- Experience of aerospace electrical wiring
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do. To be successful in this role you will have excellent communication skills and be a proficient Microsoft user. You will be a team player able to work co-dependently with others in the team. The role will include some international Travel to our Dutch sites and the successful candidate must be prepared to work on shift pattern.
What we will offer
Once you’re on board you’ll get the following perks and benefits:
- Competitive salary scale dependent on experience
- End of year bonus 2000$
- Industry Leading VRSP we’ll match your contributions up to 3
- 100 Premium paid Health Insurance
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- A collaborative, dynamic working environment
As well as a competitive package we’ll offer you a world of opportunity. We want to see your career fly! We’ll support your career progression by providing you with learning and development opportunities. That’s the beauty of being part of a global business, once you’re on board you never know where you career journey may take you!
Why join us
A Great Place to work needs a Great Way of Working
Everyone is welcome to apply to GKN. Through our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging and by living our five powerful principles we’ve created a culture where everyone feels welcome to contribute. By embracing and celebrating what makes us unique we encourage everyone to bring their full self to work. We’re also committed to providing an accessible recruitment process, so if you require reasonable adjustments at any stage during our recruitment process please get in touch and let us know.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)