KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Must be reliable during all weather conditions and be able to communicate effectively with senior managers and other law enforcement/emergency response personnel.
• Ability to identify and communicate safety and technical risks and provide mitigation strategies.
• Intermediate computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs. Working knowledge of advanced software applications is preferred.
• Ability to enter data accurately into reports/databases.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff.
• Must possess effective oral and technical written communication skills to clearly communicate information to others.
• Ability to use general office equipment such as phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
• Ability to follow a process.
• Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service, and follow-up.
• High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
• Ability to multi-task.
• High School Diploma.
• Minimum of five years of experience performing security duty/operations.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Must possess and maintain a current Secret Clearance.
• Must fluently speak, read, understand, and write the English language.
• Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
• Must meet physical health and stamina requirements and pass a medical exam.
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at www.yulista.com, click on career opportunities.
Preference will be given to Calista shareholders and their descendants and to spouses of Calista shareholders, and to shareholders of other corporations created pursuant to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g).
Additionally, it is our policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, layoff, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
It is Calista and Subsidiaries' business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.